Irina's Place

Meanderings, for now. Will add something more meaningful and less meandering later.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Beach, California, United States

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Boredom and Despondence of Dating Sites


They say that dating takes a lot of patience and perseverance. I read it somewhere a long time ago. About a year-and-a-half ago, a while after one of my best relationships collapsed, I have joined a rather interesting dating site, and, instead of dating, I started blogging there. I got hooked on the interactive nature of that site, the occasional stimulation of thought combined with various mirrors that others on the site provided to one another (and to me, too)... And then it had suddenly gotten old... So, when boredom sets in, one sets out to move on, and here I am... While there is no conversation taking place here yet, I hope not to bore myself too much:) and, if I do, I'll only have myself to blame.
______________________
The rainbow in this picture is from the Equator, in the Pacific.
(c) IM

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey there! I'm so glad to see that you're blogging! I loved our chats so much. PLEASE let me know the next time you are planning on coming to Seattle! I miss you. Fun things are happening!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gelaine=Grace

9:11 PM  
Blogger Irina said...

Hey, Gracie, I was thinking of you!
I miss you, too.
E-mail me about the fun things, OK?
Actually, I am the one who owes you an e-mail, I just remembered that. Things have been hectic here.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Small Satori said...

Rina...do you mind if I link to your blog on mine?
I'll try to take some time to set this up for real the next few days, and I want to have some of the interconnectivity of the "other "site...
love, J

9:36 PM  
Blogger Irina said...

J., I just posted a comment on yours saying, I don't mind at all! Thanks for finding me here!
I was taking a respite from the usual, and you are a welcome site, that's fer sure:)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Eveland said...

Hey - evebad here.. glad I found you...

5:23 PM  
Blogger Irina said...

Hey, Eve, buenas noches, good to see you here!

I've been too lazy to learn how to make links to all the blogs I want to be linked to. I'll link to yours if you don't mind, eventually.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Moi Frey said...

Hi Gypsy, it's me Ruby Thursday. I've been set up on this blog for awhile but am getting back into after a hiatus. It will be good to see you around.

I've got to figure out how to link to other blogs.

See you in the (near) future.

Moi

2:01 PM  
Blogger Irina said...

Welcome, Ruby!

I, too , have to figure out how to place the links here. Good to see you. I understand about having to take the hiatus, heh:)

2:05 PM  
Blogger tan said...

You always have interesting things to say, Rina, so I'll look forward to when you feel inspired to post again. xx

8:31 AM  
Blogger Irina said...

Tandy, good to see you here!
I owe you an e-mail.
Thanks for visiting here.

8:42 AM  
Blogger The Eskimo said...

I'm passing by. I think that my handle is a dead giveaway of who am I.

There's only one Eskimo, from Canada and traveling. :)

I think we should make a ring, linking each other's blogs, so it makes easy to go from one blog to another and keeping that sense of community.

I'm not currently bloggging here, but I'll do soon. I'm still playing with the controls.

Give new gadgets to a geek to play with, and that will make his day. :)

Cheers,

-E

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home