Irina's Place

Meanderings, for now. Will add something more meaningful and less meandering later.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Beach, California, United States

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Eye


I went to my eye doctor today. The image you see on the left is the image he had shown me to explain one of the issues I've had recently. He is definitely the best eye doctor I've ever met. I am so happy to have found him so soon after my move. He is quite an eccentric, and his staff pretends that they "tolerate" his shenanigans, but I think that they have more fun than they are willing to admit. We talked about Russia, poetry, Siberia, travel, governments, survival, art, books, children, and anything else you can imagine. In the meantime, five patients have been waiting patiently (where do you think the word "patient" comes from?) in his waiting-room. I felt a little uncomfortable for a little bit, knowing that I might have been a part of the cause for their waiting (the major cause was he, of course) - however, I knew that that's the way he ran his life, and he wouldn't have had it any other way.

Did I mention that he can diagnose a problem without using fancy tools or tests?

Don't you admire people who have things on their own terms in life and inspire others to have it the same way?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! My eye doctor never said anything more than "your chin right here," "there's going to be a blast of air," "how about this? Clearer?"

I dread going to any doc's appointments for this very reason. I become a specimen. The human element rarely has time to play into the tight doctor's schedule.

What a find.

3:50 AM  
Blogger Irina said...

Ebbs, yes, he is a very unusual person, a lovable eccentric, and a great diagnostician.
I know what you mean about dreading going to docs:) He's a rarity, hence this post dedicated to a very special doc.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home